Probate is the process by which the courts distribute your assets that are neither owned by a trust nor distributable via a beneficiary designation after you have passed away. It is a long and complicated process, one made all the more difficult by the fact that your family is grieving. I can guide your loved ones through the process with sensitivity and compassion, all the while making sure the maximum possible amount of your assets are preserved for your family by minimizing the amount lost to fees and taxes. Probate is less fluid than a trust administration.
Probate administration services provided by Lisa Kurtz Keylon, PLC include:
- Helping you select the proper representative, if needed
- Preparation and filing of all necessary probate court documents
- Representation in all probate proceedings
- Defense against challenges to your will or trust
- Resolution of disputes among your beneficiaries or between your beneficiaries and the executor
- Assistance with coordinating the review of all federal and estate tax returns
- Even better, I would be please to consult with you to help you to learn how to avoid probate entirely!